I Have Some Work To Do

Recently I received a bug report for ExceptionFinder. Basically, it has to do with my bad assumptions on the previous instruction before the throw opcode (read the issue for details). So I decided to run every method in mscorlib through my analyzer.

The results weren't encouraging:

Total number of methods: 20314
Total number of errors: 3636

Yikes, I'm only handling 82% of the methods correctly! Granted, once I fix one I'll probably fix a bunch, but I will not make this add-in 1.0 until I can analyze every method in mscorlib with no exceptions. That doesn't mean I'm going to give the right results per-se, but I should not bomb on the instruction analysis. That's probably going to take some time to plod through, though...hence the title of this post.

UPDATE (4/20/2008 - 1:02 PM): Error count is now 1928...

UPDATE (4/20/2008 - 3:27 PM): Error count is now 321...

UPDATE (4/20/2008 - 9:14 PM): Error count is now 211...

UPDATE (4/20/2008 - 9:45 PM): Error count is now 15...

UPDATE (4/20/2008 - 9:56 PM): Error count is now 0 - w00t! I'm not entirely thrilled with how I squashed the last bug, but I can live with it for now.

* Posted at 04.19.2008 09:15:17 PM CST | Link *

Blog History