Over the last month or so, a fair amount of progress has been made on our deck. Here's a couple of pictures to document the deck evolution:
The first thing I did is tear up all the sod and lay down some felt and put the edging in. I found out later that the guys had mismeasured a bit so the side where the post for the stairs goes was going to go right into the edging, so I eventually moved that over.
By this time, they had drilled and poured the holes and put up the framing, except for the stair section.
Now all the framing is done and we got a load of river rock under the deck. Next week the guys should put the decking and rails up and we'll finally have a back door to our house!
* Posted at 06.29.2007 07:59:13 PM CST | Link *